Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Ypres visit

Ferret_uk

Hello pals,

Im going to eurodisney in may with the wife and my 5yo son, but before we travel there im taking her and my son to Ypres, im visiting my Gt Grandfathers grave in Koksije? before moving down to ypres though then im just going to show them Tyne cot and hill 62 then into ypres for the cloth hall and the last post.

Now to the point!! :P , last time i stopped at ypres was in the old tom which was ok, but this time ive got my son with me and they have no rooms available so can someone recommend a place for me and my wife and son to stop in ypres that does a hearty full english ;) in the morning and will be ok for kids, im only staying the one night as i have to travel to paris the next day, still one day in ypres is better than none hey pals!

Cheers

Mick.

I think that the Ariane is the best hotel in Ypres. I've stayed at most of them over the years (except Novotel- very expensive). They don't do a full English but you can get one at the Sante on Botterstraat, not too far away. Some people go on about the Regina on the main square but we find it rather creepy and frankly dangerous, as it has very uneven floors and persists in having time-switched lights in the halls. You can easily end up being plunged into darkness-my wife fell quite badly there last year as a result.

I always stay at B&B Hortensia close to the Lille Gate and Ramparts Cemetery, 10 minutes walk to the Grote Markt and the same to the Menin Gate. Don't do a full English but the rooms are clean and comfortable. The owner's name is Andre Parys and his number is 00 325 721 2406.

Thanks for the replys, not to bothered about the old full english :( , really!! , will give them a look.

Mick.

MIck

I can also put in a recommendation for the Ariane. Great place - but it's a 3* so not as cheap as some. Good value in my view _ I wouldnt stay anywhere else

John

I totally agree with John (despite being a Lancastrian he shows remarkably good taste) and Mark with their recommendation of the Ariane. Ask for room 114 and you and your son will be able to play a game of football whilst waiting for the Last Post ceremony to start.

Andy

I totally agree with John (despite being a Lancastrian he shows remarkably good taste) and Mark with their recommendation of the Ariane. Ask for room 114 and you and your son will be able to play a game of football whilst waiting for the Last Post ceremony to start.

Andy

Andy

How many times do I need to tell you - I'm a Cestrian (which implicitly explains the good taste). :D

I think I have also stayed in Room 114. What a party you could have there!

Unfortunately, it's their "executive" room, normally only available at a higher rate. But we got it last time as it was free. A very nice woman at the hotel has said that, whilst she can't promise anything for our next trip, she'll see what she can do.....

John