Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Lastkraftwagen - German military trucks of World War One. Volumes 1 and 2

Great War Truck

By Tankograd publications. The latest two books in their "Imperial German Army Weapons and Soldiers of the Great War 1914-1918 series.

My copies have just arrived. I cannot begin to say how excited i am to have these. Admittedly, i had been asking the author Jochen to do this book for at least the last ten years. The book is in two volumes with part 1 covering the background of German army motorisation, then trucks alphabetically by manufacturer Adler, Ageka, Ansbach, Audi, Benz, Bergmann, Braun, Bussing, DAAG and Daimler, while volume two covers Dixi, Durkopp, Dux, Hansa Lloyd, Horch, Komnick, LUC, Magirus, MAN-Saurer, Mannesmann-Mulag, Nacke, NAG, Opel Podeus, Stoewer, Unio, Vomag, Windhoff and foreign and captured trucks. There are additional chapters of them in wartime service, Accidents, recovery, repair, motor troops uniforms and documents. Both books together have nearly 400 hundred photographs the quality of which are superb. The difficulty and expense in obtaining such a high number of quality photographs is enormous and Jochen has established a superb work in bringing them together on a subject which no one has been able to cover in the past. I cannot recommend this book highly enough and i look forward to the next one in the series.

Book review 1.jpg

Book review 2.jpg