Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Oil Painting of the Battlefield with an unusual twist...

Gunner 87

Hello

For quite some time now I have been helping research some ancestors from Scotland on behalf of a Facebook Member, sorting through and verifying any service.

Tonight, I was chatting by instant message on FB, where I run a small private art group which focuses on Military Art from the Victorian era to the end of the Great War https://www.facebook.com/groups/546626649839711  and out of the blue, Colin said he had painted a oil on canvas in a way to express his long held and sincere interest in tthe conflict.

Now Colin is severely disabled with a traumatic brain injury, broken back and serious damage to both arms.

Asking Colin if he could shoot me a copy of this painting so I  assess it’s suitablilty for the group I was taken back by what I saw.

As a result, I posted it on numberous relevant Facebook groups and was taken back at the compliments of the members.

Colins first words were that he’d give it away or, preferably sell it you, know, not because it’s worth anything, but it may make someone happy or further their interest.

So, here it is, it’s unarmed oil on canvas for all to see. Should anyone wish to contact me about its aquisition then please don’t hesitate to do so though let me stress this is not the primary reason for the post. The work is 80 cm’s x 60 cm’s

Admin: Have I breached any rules, the Post was to show the piece that must have been extremely challenging to create.

Gunner 87

1FAB84E0-E8A9-46AD-AC18-539AA25D1A18.jpeg

• 2 months later...