Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Online "Military Operations Macedonia" by Falls

MaureenE

Now available online.

Part of the series History of the Great War based on official documents.

Military Operations Macedonia. From the Outbreak of War to the Spring of 1917 [Volume 1] compiled by Captain Cyril Falls 1933 HMSO. Archive.org. Also available Google Books.

Military Operations Macedonia. From the Spring of 1917 to the End of the War [Volume 2] compiled by Captain Cyril Falls 1935 HMSO. Archive.org. Also available Google Books.

Note both volumes are missing the maps which were originally in separate cases. Additionally some other maps are not viewable.

Maureen

Thank you for posting the details Maureen.  The amount of WW1 official publications becoming accessible online is such a boon and uplifting to see.

Edited by FROGSMILE

brilliant discovery Maureen. I'm just readying update 1 of the campaign bibliography for the Salonika Campaign Society, and this is the best of all.

The OH Map sets have been scanned for the SCS, and I think are now added to thematerial on their map disks. They might be more widely available in the future.

Keith

• 1 year later...

@Gardenerbill   Sorry to disappoint, I stood down as a Mod after almost 9 years  a couple of years ago, possibly longer. The availability of the OH is a great bonus, and a digital copy accompanies me now on my occasional forays to the battlefields. I find a tablet makes an ideal portable library.

Keith

Edited by keithmroberts
typo

Thanks for the reply Keith, I forgot that you had stood down, 9 years a mod is enough for anyone, I will ask one of the current mods.

Hi @kenf48 could you pin this this topic (see reasons above).

Edited by Gardenerbill

• kenf48 pinned this topic
  • DavidOwen unpinned and pinned this topic