Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

13th kings liverpool regiment

Guest nuttyred

Guest nuttyred

ww1

my husbands grandad was in 13th kings liverpool regiment. he was wounded on the front line at arras, he recovered in bonlogne hospital and was then sent back to fight.

this is all info i have, apart from a couple of photos, (which typically i cant find at the moment)

ww2

he also fought in ww2 where he was missing pressumed dead 3 times, the last time he turned up he was a pow, but we dont which camp.

i do have a copy of a letter sent to him on his safe return home after the war from king george.

just if anyone comes across his name anywhere or already has info i'd be very grateful thanks

lisa

And the name we're looking for is...........

Guest nuttyred

also.........................is it possible to get info on soldiers while they were in hospital recovering, are there any records?

bonlogne hospital ???

Lisa

Where was he from?

Lisa

Using both variations of surname, I have looked at the various census entries and also the birth registers, but it's hard to pinpoint him. The only possibles I can find are aged between 17 and 28 in 1901, which would certainly mean that they were too old to have fought in the Second World War.

Do you have ANY other information on him at all?

Guest nuttyred

he was born in may 1897 in saxilby.his parents were henry meggett and emma halman bell

he was called up in may 1916 and was put in the notts and derby regiment..... then moved to 13th kings liverpool and was then sent to france about august of the same year, 1916, were he was wounded in the left leg at arass