Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Altered P1907 bayonet

Deges

I have a possibility of purchasing this altered P1907 bayonet. The only thing is, I don't know what I'm looking at😂 my thoughts :

Crossguard is reworked and muzzlering is grounded off. The scabbard looks on first sight to be a German s84/98 II scabbard. It's painted black,  first idea is post war, but could be original seeing there where a lot black painted scabbards for the s84/98 bayonet at that time. The frog could be also German ww1. It has repairs (maybe done during war?) 

Could this be a captured bayonet and altered during war by the Germans, or is this something that was not done? It wouldn't fit the German guns maybe used as a fighting knife? Can't seem to find many info on this matter.. 

Or maybe all done post war?

I'm just guessing here🙈

Thx guys!! 

Screenshot_20210804_202004.jpg

Screenshot_20210804_202013.jpg

Screenshot_20210804_202021.jpg

Screenshot_20210804_202033.jpg

Screenshot_20210804_202052.jpg

Screenshot_20210804_202105.jpg

Frog looks like personal upgrade,there was mentioned a british P07 shortened to 10 inch blade used as sidearms in WW2,anyway the scabbard looks like dress KS98,detailed picture of scabbard and frog could help.

Looks like 2 damaged german frogs sewed together, on backside could be teoretically a maker stamp, i would tend to WW2 period, unfortunally old rivets were removed, this construction was privately done probably by previous owner, hard to believe it could be service used. The scabbard looks like a standart KS98 dress bayonet scabbard, should be proofed to add there, the shortened P07 used normally a shortened origin leather scabbard. Blade lenght is 25cm?

Edited by AndyBsk