Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

William Milton

Clarkie

Certainly learning a lot about how to find a soldier, William Milton is now my quest. From Scotland’s people I know 

born 1894 in Inverurie to John and Bathia Milton née Mcleod

was still living with his parents in 1911 census

he was a baker to trade

he got married in 1922 to Helen Halliday in Wishaw so I know he survived the Great War.

i can find no definitive record in War Forces or Ancestry. 

his full name according to the marriage registration is William Christie Milton

ive looked for a William or William C Milton and I tried sorting on local regiments around inverurie like the Seaforths, Hli and the Gordon’s. Couldn’t find anything that fitted. I did see a drummer who did 21 days detention for a disagreement with his Sergeant but I couldn’t connect back to his home town. 
im assuming he served given his age, occupation (a baker) and the fact that he was single. Is there anywhere else I should be looking 

Hi Clarkie,

Searching outside the box.

Trees on Ancestry, is one yours, Includes the Clark surname?

According to the above.........

William Christie Milton had 3 children, his wife Helen Halliday was born 1902. His mother's full maiden name was Bathia Ironside McLeod. She was previously married (??) to one Alexander Reith and had a son Alexander b.1883 d.1964. in Kent. 1901 census he is shown as Alexander R Milton.

William's brother John Milton, died 1.4.1918 was 21474 in Seaforth Highlanders. 

Searching,

Regards Barry

EDIT.....Just found your other post re Alexander Reith so you already have the above information.

Edited by The Inspector

Please keep all information together on the existing linked thread to prevent duplication of work.

Craig

• ss002d6252 locked this topic