Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

One Name Study 1914-18 Request

jeffb

During this covid lock down period, I thought that I would fill my time with doing a one name study of all the  BOUNDS  men who served during the first world war.  After looking at all the online site's for records, I have now recorded 115 men all in different Regiments and Corp's of which 13 did not return home .

At the moment I am trying to locate newspaper pictures and obituaries and any other information to put a face to there records. The few that I have got show how fresh faced and young they were when they took the Kings Shilling.

For me to be able to do this, I need a lot of help from you forum members who have more expertise than myself.

Any help would be most appreciated which would allow me to continue with my project.

TIA jeffb

• Admin

Jeff

If you could list the names (first names) then we could look in the newspaper archives more easily.

David

• Admin

Oh and if you could add rank and regiment that too would help. If they died in service the date of death would be useful too.

Hi Dave,

sorry for the delay it's taken a while to sort the info out, this is the list that I have got to date.

Pvt  Benjamin Bounds No27853 11th Border Reg KIA 18/11/16 age 35 from Huntington. Kington. Herefordshire.

Pvt  Benjamin George Bounds No2537 1/4th Northamptonshire Reg KIA10/9/15 aged 18 from Bozeat. Wellingborough. Northamptonshire.

Sgt  Bert Bounds No13114 6th Northamptonshire Reg KIA 25/1/18 aged 26 from Long Buckby. Northamptonshire.

Pvt  George Bounds No13079 2nd Northamptonshire Reg KIA31/7/17 aged 29 from Northampton.

Sgt Harold No 8886 2nd Welsh Reg KIA 26/9/14 aged 39 from Herne Hill London.

Pvt Harry Bounds No47246 Hertfordshire Reg KIA 2/11/17 aged  ?  from ?

Rfm Herbert Hiram Bounds No593818 2/18th London Irish Rifles KIA 13/12/17 aged 39 from Herne Hill. London.

Pvt Osborne Bounds No201460 1/4th Kings Shropshire Light Inf KIA 26/3/18 aged ? from ?

Pvt Samuel Albert Bounds No 128204 9th Coy MGC KIA 25/4/18 aged19 from New Radnor.

Cpl Wilfred Bounds No 530 1st London Irish Rifles KIA 17/1/16 aged 28 from Battersea. London.

Stoker 1st class Horace Bounds No K/14491 DSM Royal Navy died 31/1/18 aged 25 from Eddington. Herne Bay.

I hope that this help's.

jeffb