Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Does anyone recognize this stately home house of a GrenadierGuard

arantxa

i did speak to a chap possibly the owner and then email for his address three times over the months ..no reply so i thought ****** that for a game of Soldiers !

sorry  the stars was not a rude word ! ***

• 1 month later...

I am the great nephew of George Ferris Whidborne.
If you have any other questions about any of the Whidborne's service record, I may be able to help.

Best wishes and thanks for your interest 

Edited by James W

Apologies for the delay in responding to the queries above. In terms of an update, we were absolutely delighted to receive the early 20th-century photographs of Hammerwood, so kindly sent to us. This important contribution will enhance other archival material from the Whidborne era which is now preserved at Hammerwood and which is available to view by appointment.  James W - you would naturally be particularly welcome - as you probably know, many Whidborne family members have been in contact over the years and have kindly continued to enrich to this wonderful archive. 

Glad that you  received the photos.  Many thanks for your continued work with Hammerwood. Best wishes

Edited by James W
New info

This is a good result.  Well done to arantxa for donating the images to the benefit of posterity.

Edited by FROGSMILE