Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Training Leaflet No 5 The Action of Artillery in Close Support

Macnab

Does any one know where I can access a copy of Training Leaflet No 5 The Action of Artillery in Close Support of Assembling Battalions, which I am guessing was issued in mid 1918, please (or even be able to share a copy perhaps)?

Thanks very much.

Thanks very much for the suggestion.  Unfortunately on going through the article it only mentions the leaflet rather than citing the full text, but the article itself is certainly well worth reading, so I was grateful for your recommendation. 

I still hope that someone will be able to put me in touch with the leaflet itself.

There is a copy held at the Australian War Memorial bound with the other IG training leaflets. 

https://www.awm.gov.au/collection/LIB15450

Unfortunately it has not been digitized. The AWM will make a digital copy, but from experience you are probably looking at a 3-4 month turn around time to receive the files.

I believe the leaflet may also be held in the private papers of General Sir Ivor Maxse KCB CVO DSO, which are held at the Imperial War Museum. https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/1030003272

• 2 years later...

I can confirm that all of the IG Training leaflets are definitely in the Maxse papers at the IWM.

Chris Henschke

I can confirm that all of the IG Training leaflets are definitely in the Maxse papers at the IWM.

Chris Henschke

IG 5 front 200dpi.jpg

IG 5 back 200dpi.jpg

• 2 months later...

Chris,

I am sorry that it has taken me so long to get to your post. 

Having read various references to the leaflet, it is most interesting to be able to read the actual wording.  Thank you very much for your trouble in posting a copy.

Steven