Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

George U Fulford HONOURABLE ARTILLERY COMPANY

WarResearcher

Can any of our members help with finding any information as to which Battalion my relative served with.

He appears to be listed with two service numbers both for The HCA.      1004 and 624403

Thank you in advance

His numbers indicate enlisting on July 26, 1915 and joining 2/A Battery which eventually became part of a new 126th Brigade RFA. They went to France in June 1917. 

The HAC records on Findmypast confirm this but are difficult to read.

Fulford.jpg.9e6dc64b655237eb0cfdcdceab1e1c50.jpg

Image courtesy Findmypast

His other number of 5838 was used from the end of 1915 through 1916. Other records show he was a Gunner and came from Bideford.

I can confirm he came from Bideford. Forces War Records show him as a Bombardier, all of his brothers bar one who was a farmer served During the war

40 minutes ago, WarResearcher said:

Forces War Records show him as a Bombardier

That will be from his MIC which I have just found. This also states that he was commissioned on November 4, 1918.

His full record survives at the National Archives here - http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/C696124

3 hours ago, WarResearcher said:

Can any of our members help with finding any information as to which Battalion my relative served with.

He appears to be listed with two service numbers both for The HCA.      1004 and 624403

Thank you in advance

Just out of curiosity, was he a part of the old firm of Fulford, Perry, Trump down in North Devon?

1 minute ago, WarResearcher said:

Yes, he was part of Fulford Trumps

Nothing important about it- My dear old Dad used to work for Price Waterhouse and go off to Bideford from Plymouth to see them.  How time flies!!  Nearly 60 years back

Mike