Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

O Sector Tunnels Vimy Ridge

John W

I have just recieved my latest magazine from the Institute of Explosives Engineers, and in it is a rather interesting article on the exploration of the O sector tunnels at Vimy Ridge.

I have scanned this and made it into a PDF file (adobe acrobat) file for those who are interested and placed it in my web space. I intend to leave it there until next wednesday.

the article is at

http://www.holistic-partnership.co.uk/article.pdf

WARNING

this is a rather large file about 1.2 meg so it might be easier if you download it rather than read it online

John

Hi John:

Thanks for making this article available for downloading. It was a good read. You wouldn't happen to have Part 1 of 'Mine Warefare On The Western Front' by any chance?

Garth

John,

Thanks for making this article available. I have a particular interest in the Tunneling operations on the Western Front and appreciate you taking the time and effort to make this available to all of us.

A true example of the sharing of information amongst the Pals...

Cheers,

Patrick

You wouldn't happen to have Part 1 of 'Mine Warefare On The Western Front' by any chance?

Garth

As promised part 1, I have reduced the picture quality a bit to mke it a little bit smaller, slightly less than 1 megabyte.

http://www.holistic-partnetship.co.uk/article2.pdf

Same proviso's apply, I will leave this on line until wednesday, then in fairness to the author and the publication I will take it down.

John

OK, I am just bringing this back to the top.

Hopefully you have all had a chance to read and or download the articles. For those people who have been delayed the articles will be available until Sunday 22 June, after that you are too late!

JOhn