Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Mixed Hospital Orleans - "l'Hopital Mixte d'Orleans"

Liam94

Hello all, I'm currently researching my great-grandfather's experiences of the First World War and have possession of a document from 1918 which makes mention of "l'Hopital Mixte d'Orleans," which I have translated roughly to mean Mixed Hospital Orleans. After some searching I can only find sources in French, and was wondering if anyone here had any information at hand on the hospital in English? 

He was wounded on 23rd July 1918 in the Chantilly region, and arrived at the hospital 2 days later on the 25th. Here he was treated for a bullet wound to the left foot and had two of his toes amputated. Following this he was discharged from the hospital on 28th. The document is signed by the attending physician and details the circumstances of his wounding, the state of the wound itself, and the steps taken to fix the issue. It also states my great-grandfather was placed in bed 26 of the "St Paul Room."

Any information on the hospital whatsoever would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liam

Hello,

"Hopital mixte" means that it was a permanent hospital with civilian and military dept.

The military part was  extended during WW1. Around 1000 beds in 1914.

5 hours ago, Gabelou said:

Hello,

"Hopital mixte" means that it was a permanent hospital with civilian and military dept.

The military part was  extended during WW1. Around 1000 beds in 1914.

Brilliant, thanks for this

My pleasure...