Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

No medals on a man's MIC?

DuncanBro

Anyone know why this soldier had no medals indicated on his MIC?  Never seen that before.  If he wasn't entitled to any why bother with an MIC?  I have his 1939 call-up papers that says he was discharged from the Rifle Brigade in 1920, so not sure what the date bottom right refers to?

image.png.74f21796084a3752bd8c560151aefaf8.png

Most MICs document the issue of medals. Other MICs were used to document medal related correspondence, including claims for medals that were rejected, or redirected. The MICs would have been a living, breathing record set. There are cards for men of the Metropolitan Police, who did not serve in the army, and their cards were created as placeholders, to document the fact they had researched the list sent over by the Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police.

I would image the correspondence from December 1925 has long since been disposed of. Justin Nash has been trying to make sense of some of the references on MICs.

• Admin

I have come across these before - I think it was due to the man applying thinking he was entitled when in fact he wasn't

Regards

Russ