Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Manchester South Cemetery

andrew pugh

HI Good Morning

Could I ask for some information please. I was doing some research on a soldier who is buried in Manchester South and I came across a Grave Registration Report Form which lists some casualties. There were some comments in the far right column, and one of them was for a soldier called 

Brandreth W, aged 48, T4/092101 Driver R A S C who died of Pneumonia on the 06/04/1917. Grass Mound Neglected 118 CE. There were others also stating neglected condition. The question I would like to ask is this does he have a named grave with a C W G C headstone? There is no date given on the Grave Registration Report. and how could these graves become neglected in such a short period of time? or is it a lost grave now and commemorated only. Hope someone can help.

Kind Regards

Andy

Andy

looking at the CWGC website, their is an inscription ‘At Rest’ on the headstone schedule, so he has a CWGC headstone

HI

Sorry I'm a bit late in replying. Thank you both for your information concerning this man. I thought he might not have had a named grave , but he has.

Kind Regards

Andy