Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

A Day of Personal Significance

MDPMicahDominicParsons

Hello everyone,

Over 104 years ago today, my great grandfather Private Henry Nichols and his comrade Private Arthur Cresswell were killed in action opposite La Maisonette which is close to the village of Biaches on Sunday 11th March 1917.

I visited the spot where he was killed and his grave way back in 2014 which inspired the commission from Philip Harper entitled 'In Gardens of Peace' which was arranged with Piano Accompaniment in late 2020. I wanted to share my recording of this this piece on this personally significant day which you can see at the following link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOd9A4fZzT0.

I am also really excited to share with you all that a new major piece of music based upon Henry Nichol's experiences during The First World War is currently being composed and I cannot wait to share more of this project with you all in the near future.

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons

Moving. A wonderful tribute to your great grand father. Well played!

1 hour ago, MicahDominicParsons said:

Hello everyone,

Over 104 years ago today, my great grandfather Private Henry Nichols and his comrade Private Arthur Cresswell were killed in action opposite La Maisonette which is close to the village of Biaches on Sunday 11th March 1917.

I visited the spot where he was killed and his grave way back in 2014 which inspired the commission from Philip Harper entitled 'In Gardens of Peace' which was arranged with Piano Accompaniment in late 2020. I wanted to share my recording of this this piece on this personally significant day which you can see at the following link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOd9A4fZzT0.

I am also really excited to share with you all that a new major piece of music based upon Henry Nichol's experiences during The First World War is currently being composed and I cannot wait to share more of this project with you all in the near future.

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons

For ease of other members' access, I have copied and pasted the link HERE

It's splendid

Hello everyone,

Thank you so much for your kind comments.

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons