Jump to content
Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

Recommended Posts

Doing research for future walks, we we looking at position of above on current maps and they indicate the old farm is now in a wood,

Is this correct? ( know we need permission to visit)

Tony

Link to post
Share on other sites
Polar Bear

What little that remains of the original farm is indeed covered in woodland. Specifically the isolated block maybe 150 meters by maybe 100 meters that is 4-500 meters pretty much due east of the current farm.

 

Hope that helps,

 

P

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

What little that remains of the original farm is indeed covered in woodland. Specifically the isolated block maybe 150 meters by maybe 100 meters that is 4-500 meters pretty much due east of the current farm.

 

Hope that helps,

 

P

Thanks for confirming

Tony

Link to post
Share on other sites
Polar Bear

West not east... :blink:

 

Sorry,

 

P

Link to post
Share on other sites

Faffemont ferme aka Falfemont Farm. See below right circled. 

 

 

 

faffemont.jpg.ad86a238de3102b7aa3fbf60eb7b00a0.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Don Regiano

Top corner of Faffemont Farm is located at the northern end of the red line on this map (line is actually to do with 2 KOSB objective at the beginning of September 1916 - I have the death plaque of someone killed in the advance.) Followed by view of old farm area, now wooded from the SW.

Faffemont Farm.jpg

old Faffemont Farm.jpg

Edited by Don Regiano
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys cant wait to get back there hopefully in November! 

Tony

Link to post
Share on other sites
Don Regiano
51 minutes ago, KIRKY said:

Thanks guys cant wait to get back there hopefully in November! 

Tony

 

I get reminded every time I go to draw some cash from the bank at Combles as I drive past a large sign, just before the bank, directing to Faffemont Farm.  I must visit the area of the farm one day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Don Regiano said:

 

I get reminded every time I go to draw some cash from the bank at Combles as I drive past a large sign, just before the bank, directing to Faffemont Farm.  I must visit the area of the farm one day.

Stop making us jealous!!

Tony

Link to post
Share on other sites
Don Regiano
5 hours ago, KIRKY said:

Stop making us jealous!!

Tony

 

You mean having some cash Tony?  Not that there's much left!

 

Reg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...