Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

THE WOOD. A quick heads up.

Huw Davies

To commemorate the end of The Great War, I had the privilege to tour Wales with a Torch Theatre production of The Wood - a beautifully poignant, emotional tale of two friends who fought alongside each other at the Battle of Mametz Wood. It was very well received, one WW2 veteran, proudly wearing two rows of medals to the theatre, said that the show was a fitting tribute to the memory and sacrifice to those who had fought in WW1, including his father who had been injured at Mons. The second row of medals were his father’s.

Due to Covid the theatre has been closed for over a year. But because of the reception The Wood received on tour we have now recorded the stage play and it will be released for viewing via internet streaming in April 2021. I shall post a link to the site closer to the release date. In the meantime here’s a trailer.

https://fb.watch/3_kY69yQWj/

20180220_130558.jpg

Edited by Huw Davies

Hi Jay, Yes The Torch, Milford Haven. It's been closed for over a year, but hoping that this will keep it's reputation for first class shows in the public mind.

As you know Huw, I enjoyed the Theatr Clwyd production very much, and it also got the good opinions of a more recent (Bosnia) veteran who was also present. 

Delighted that there's another chance to see it, and perhaps also to let my daughter know about it - she's the theatrical one in our family!  

Hwyl,

Clive

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/03/2021 at 07:40, clive_hughes said:

As you know Huw, I enjoyed the Theatr Clwyd production very much, and it also got the good opinions of a more recent (Bosnia) veteran who was also present. 

Delighted that there's another chance to see it, and perhaps also to let my daughter know about it - she's the theatrical one in our family!  

Hwyl,

Clive

Diolch Clive. As soon as I know when its available I'll post it here. From what I've been told, it'll be available for streaming for 10 to 14 days, and for a £10 you and whoever is in your house can watch it as many times you want. Gobeithio dy fod yn cadw'n dda.