Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Great War Medal Collectors Companion

shetland

I have the first three volumes of this excellent reference series.  I thought there was going to be a fourth volume, does anyone know if it was actually published ?

Edited by shetland

• shetland changed the title to Great War Medal Collectors Companion

I too have read via the British medals Forum that Howard Williamson is working (with his colleagues) on a subsequent volume.

He is also working on the Military medal roll as well.

Hi Shetland,thanks for your support for my work. The following are approaching completion,hopefully by Christmas :

*VOL IV COMPANION ;THE RAMC IN THE GREAT WAR:: INCLUDES;GALLANTRY ROLLS FOR VC,DSO,MC, DCM and MM,NOTES ON UNITS AND ORGANISATION etc.

*MM ROLL FOR GALLIPOLI: INCLUDES DCMs etc.same format as MMs for ITALY.WORK WELL ADVANCED (WITH CHRIS BATE)

*DCM HANDBOOK FOR THE GREAT WAR :Nominal Roll by REGIMENT and Battalion,or sub unit,CASUALTY ROLL; DCM TO FOREIGNERS;WAAF and KAR DCMs,notes on Gazettes,with links to to MM Gazettes.Much else besides.To be exhibited (hopefully at OMRS in September.)

*Annotated DCM Roll now completed and currently being proof read.Over 25,000 entries with details missing from many current DCM Citation.Ready for Christmas I hope.Three vols with hundreds of photos and illustrations from Deeds That Thrill the Empire and other publications.

You will appreciate the level of detail in my books is largely the result of my own researches and is not largely to be found anywhere else.Conseqyuently progress is often slow but worth it in the end ...I hope !!!! best w, Howard

Howard,   Once again, the work seems amazing.  Would you please give some idea of the numbers of each to be printed and how best to order ?

Appreciatively, bif (John)

Bif,Best keep an eye on BRITISH MEDALS FORUM. They will all be limited editions signed and numbered as usual. best wishes, Howard

I have volumes one and three ...... I cant find a volume 2 anywhere

They are fabulous books and all credit to the author and team

Howard, exciting news. I have Vol 1 – 3 all signed but only Vol 1 is numbered for some reason, no matter I refer to them many times.

PM sent regarding next publication.

Regards

Peter

Edited by fellop

54 minutes ago, Keith_history_buff said:

@fellop you should send a private message directly to him ( collectorsguide ), in order to keep within forum rules.

Apologies for the transgression, post amended, thanks.

Regards

Peter