Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The Royal Marines on the Western Front

Louis Stokes 1916

Hello all,

Just a quick advert, if I may, for my new book which will be published this weekend, ‘The Royal Marines on the Western Front’. There’s very little written about the Royal Marines before their adoption of commando warfare in the ‘40s, so I hope that I have plugged a gap in the record, covering the much-neglected Royal Marine Artillery too, as well as the Royal Marine Light Infantry, individual actions, the Raid on Zeebrugge, equipment and notable personalities. It’s available from Pen & Sword here: https://www.pen-and-sword.co.uk/The-Royal-Marines-on-the-Western-Front-Hardback/p/18637

Dan

A2F5EE5E-66D7-4F5F-9AE9-271388962419.jpeg

I have alerted the Royal Marines Historian at the Naval Historical Branch :)

My pleasure. It reminds him of my existence :D

• 2 weeks later...

I've just finished reading my copy, and enjoyed it very much. 

One of the things that I liked were the sections on the lesser known units. I never knew of the existence of most of these, and it was interesting to read about them. My congratulations on a very good book!  

On 12/03/2021 at 08:43, michaeldr said:

After The Scorer's positive review I have delayed no longer and popped in my order this morning, using https://www.danieljmclean.net (click on ‘shop’).

This route provides a saving in delivery charges, if like me you are based outside Europe: thanks Daniel

A pleasure Michael; it will be in the post first thing on Monday morning.