Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Royal Naval Division Memorial

michaeldr

No doubt others like myself are very grateful to Dave (Heritageplus) for recently supplying copies of the Royal Naval Division recruiting poster and likewise members of the RND family will probably also be keen to keep abreast of details of the imminent (Nov 2003 ?) return of the RND memorial back to its original site in Whitehall.

For further details go to

http://www.gwpda.org/naval/rndivmnt.htm

Regards

Michael D.R.

Michael

The RND Memorial is being moved to Horse Guards Parade.

It is to be unveiled and re-dedicated at a parade on Horse Guards on 13 November 03. Personnel from RNR Units - HMS PRESIDENT (London), HMS WILDFIRE (Chatham) and HMS KING ALFRED (Portsmouth) will be on parade.

As I work for the RN I'll try and find fuller details and post them here.

Sadly this site has not been updated since 2002 however there are some good pics of the memorial here:

http://www.rnr100.com/memorial/index.php

Dave

Dave,

Many thanks for confirming the rededication date as 13th Nov 03

I am sure that I am not alone in welcoming your offer to keep us posted on this subject

and thanks for putting up the link to those excellent pictures

I also enjoyed the site's history of HMS CALLIOPE as that was where my grandfather, Daniel Dunn, volunteered on 11th Sept 1914. As long as he lived he was always proud of his RNVR number: T[Tyneside]Z/89

Once again, many thanks

Michael D.R.

• 4 months later...

Thursday, 13th November [anniversary of the Battle of The Ancre] at 10.30 for 11.00

Above date and time are now confirmed for the Rededication of the Royal Naval Division Memorial at its original site at Horse Guards Parade, London SW1

Very regrettably "Security procedures at Horse Guards will only allow access to those with valid tickets."

For last minute donations/ticket applications/further info, those interested may wish to contact the RND Memorial Committee at the following e-mail address:

dpd@rnr100.com

Regards

Michael D.R.