Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Books

andrew pugh

Good Evening, hope you are all safe and well.

Just a couple of things, I am trying to find out where I can purchase a copy of a book called Forever Young, The diary of L/Cpl Joseph Willocks, 23rd Battalion Royal Fusiliers. He was killed on the 13/11/1916. I think the book was published in 2012. Hope somebody can help.

The other thing, has anyone read the book called Deborah and the war of the tank 1917 by John Taylor? I have just finished reading it. In my opinion what a read absolutely brilliant and very informative. If you have not read it would advise doing so especially if your interested in the tank actions and their crews. Kind Regards

Andy 

Hi

Thank you for replying. To tell you the truth, I was sorting out all my old paper work and came across this title that I had written on a sheet of paper, and I cannot remember where the title came from. I have written on the same sheet of paper Redan Ridge, so it may be mentioned in the appendixes of Battle Ground Europe series Redan Ridge? I will have a look later.

Regards

Andy

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=A0geKI_dmghgg6wALABXNyoA;_ylu=Y29sbwNiZjEEcG9zAzEEdnRpZANDMDkzNF8xBHNlYwNzYw--?p=Joseph+Willocks%2C+"forever+young"&fr=mcafee#id=1&vid=514ea30e62da5e7715ec2be52120ef8b&action=view

"Somme Battlefield; WW1 Redan Ridge Serre Thiepval January 2010
In researching the 'Forever Young - the diaries of Joseph Willocks 23rd (1st Sportsman) Battalion Royal Fusiliers for the 100th anniversary, I paid a visit to the Somme to where Lance Corporal Joseph Willocks was killed in action on 13th November 1916 and is commemorated on the Memorial to the Missing at Thiepval. "

Seems to be online;
https://joesdiary.weebly.com/introduction.html

Edited by Kath

Hi Kath

Thank you that confirms my thought. Was it ever published. I wonder if the diaries are with the IWM in there collection?

Regards

Andy