Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

swb translation needed

museumtom

Can any pals shed light on the following readout for an swb.

It says that he was discharged from “G” depot Co, Discharged due to sickness, para 392XV1 on the top of that is A.O.29. He was discharged sick on the 17/5/1919 and it seems that most of the SWBs on this page were discharged the same day with sickness.

Any Ideas?

All help is very much appreciated.

Regards.

Tom Burnell

Probably not a lot of help, but i would expect your man to have been a convalescing wounded OR. This is based on some Camerons i looked at, who were in various hospitals and unit and were released en block. One of them was still struggling with a thigh injury from Loos in 1915. The leg was saved at the time, but appears never really to have got better, and was operated on several more time in the 1920s

Adam

King's Regulations 392 xvi & xvi{a} are amongst the K.R.s used to denote some of the causes of discharge{Wounds / Sickness},on War Badge Roll Pages.,A full list can be found on the Long trail @ the head of this Forum

"G"[ Depot ] Company is the Regimental Depot he was discharged from

A.O.29 is the Army Order{AO} that covered his discharge

Sickness often covers the after effects of Gassing,as well as the "usual" forms of Sickness that might Warrant Discharge as unfit for further Military Service.

Many thanks for all your help guys!!

I knew I would get to the bottom of it.

regards.

Tom