Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Lt Ludwig Bader

stevenbecker

Mates,

I strange one?

Wolf shows him as 2/Lt Employed in the weapons Factory in Gülhane (Istanbul).

I had a little on him from Ottoman sourses;

Bader Ludwig     Lt /PO   pharmaceutical - Gülhane Harp okulu ilaç fabrikasinda Binbasi. Dr.Huttner'in yaninda (Gülhane Harp school drug factory Binbasi. By Dr. Huttner)

So far not much on him other then he maybe something with the Bader pharmaceutical?

One does wonder why he is shown as a Weapons maker, when he was in pharmaceutical possibly an Apotheker ?

That's as far as I am getting can you fill in some gaps?

The Germans and Austrians had a number of these men in Turkey

Huttner (Hüttner) Friedrich    Lt (Maj) Dr    pharmaceutical factory of the Gulhane Military Academy - Eczacilik Dairesinde Müfettis 1. ve 5.Ordu'da Eczaci Subay (Pharmacy Officer in Pharmacy 1st and Pharmacist Officer 5th Armies) - shown Stabsapotheker Inspector Ottoman Medical supplies to Apothecary 1st Army and 5th Army     1916-18    (born 1881 in Munchen died 1945) Bavarian from 1st Bavarian Corps retired to Under Secretary at the Air Ministry shown in Klaus Wolf's Book

Burchardi (Buchardi) Theodor    LtCol (Col) Dr    Deutsche Militär-Mission in der Türkei - Savas Bak. Levazim dairesinde görevli 1st Ordu Levazim islerinde (In the 1st Army Levazim Works in the Levazim Circle) Savas Bak. 1. Army supplies in charge of the 55. Huttner Pharmacist Inspector 1 and 5.Ordu Pharmacist Officer (Apotheker)

Herrlinger Richard     Capt deR Dr    KUK stabsapotlieker Chief Pharmacist Commander of Istanbul Military Sanitary Warehouse Materialersatzdepot (Militärapotheker) - shown Unit of Repair Parts and Ordnance Depot of the Austro-Hungarian army in Istanbul

To name a few

Who was he?

Cheers

S.B

Edited by stevebecker

Kannengiesser lists him in his Appendix I,

German Military Mission, Constantinople, 2nd August, 1914.

Chart of Military Duties of the Members of the German Military Mission in case of Mobilisation

No.71

Rank - Medical Ensign

Name - Bader

Post in Peace Time - In Dispensary of Hospital at Gülhane

Post in War Time – At disposal of Major Dr. Huttner

Remarks – (blank)

NB: Huttner is seen in the same Appendix at entry No.55 & his 'Post in War Time' is given as

“Attached to QMG's Department, 1st Army”

Edited by michaeldr

Michael,

Yes I think its another Translation mistake when it shows Weapons Factory?

Bader like many other Doctors were brought in by the Germans to combat the many problems with illness within the Ottoman Empire.

I also can't find any Bio details for him?

Cheers

S.B