Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

SILVER WAR BADGE

Guest smitz99

HI FOLKS

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND MY MOTHERS FATHER FOR A LONG TIME ,SO MANY BLIND ALLEYS AND VISITS TO KEW, NOW I HAVE A BIT LUCK.

WHILE GETTING SOME OF HIS FAMILYS BIRTH CERTS I FOUND THAT MY MOTHERS BROTHER WAS BORN 15/5/1915 WHICH MEAN HE WAS CONCIVIED AUGUST 1914 AND LISTS THE FATHER WAS A SAPPER IN THE ROYAL ENGINEERS !! REALLY AND HE WAS LIVING AT 6A MELFORD RD, ILFORD.

THAT GIVES ME TWO LEADS ,I NOW KNOW HIS REGIMENT/RANK AND ADDRESS, HE WAS GASSED AND GOT A PENSION TILL HE DIED IN 1945, SO HE MUST OF BEEN DISCHARGED TO PENSION AND GOT THE "SWB"

ON THE OFF CHANCE I LOOKED AT THE MIC FOR HENRY ARMSTRONG, SAPPER, ROYAL ENGINEERS, FOUND 6, DOWNLOADED THEM THEY WERE ON THE SAME SHEET, ONLY ONE HAD THE SWB AWARDED HENRY ARMSTRONG 178273

REF:SWB LIST RE/1781.

ANY IDEAS WHERE THIS RECORD EXIST ?

CHEERS MICK :rolleyes:

The War Badge Roll that the MiC SWB code alludes to is held @ Kew NA,so you can access it there,It should give you further information including,date of enlistment,age,wether served overseas;date of discharge & KR code for Discharge{sometimes actual reason is given but by all means not always}