Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Lt deR Otto Willy Gerhard Calliebe and Lt deR von Lindenau FA 301

stevenbecker

Mates,

I notice this Observer was wounded in combat some time in 1918 but no details on how he was wounded, any ideas?

Calliebe Otto Willy Gerhard     Lt deR    Observer (Beobachter) Airforce Jasta 301  - Flieger-Abteilung 301    1917-18    (1893 at Züllichow died 20-3-76) vermißt MIA leicht verwundet (minor wound) in Gefschaft (in prison) possibly PoW from Infantry Regiment No 268 to Res Infantry Regt No 210 to Flieger-Abteilung (A) 295b 3-17 to Kommander FEA 2 7-17 to Palestine 10-17 WIA 1918 lost a forearm (loss part of the left arm) later WWII Vice Inspector of the NPEA Inspection state offices and SS Oberführer as vice-inspector post war Deutscher Gymnasiallehrer und Napola-Leiter

Do you have how he was wounded and

who piloted to plane,and

What type, and

Who the Allied pilot was?

The main reason was to find some details on

Lindenau von    Lt deR    observer to pilot 4-18 Airforce Jasta 301 shown (Jasta 55) Jagdstaffel F1 4-18 - Flieger-Abteilung 301     1917-18    photo shown with Lt Wegener (O) in AEG C4 at Jenin 12-17 (not identified)? (spelling in Ole Nikoljsen)

Who I can't find other then Lt deR in FA 301

Any insight here?

S.B

Morning all. Longshot. I am trying to locate a WW1 RFC Base/Aerodrome in North Eastern France/Western Front, referred to in one of 46 Squadron's pilot's later memoirs as "Drogtland". In 1917, 46 Squadron was based out of a number of different locations on the Western Front but none of the squadron assignment records reveal this particular name so it could be one of those below-most likely near a town called Steenvoorde, Nord Department. If anyone has come across this aerodrome or can offer directional assistance, I would be most grateful. Best Wishes L/C Marchant.

Boisdinghem

May 1917–May 1917

La Gorgue

May 1917–Jul 1917

Bruay

Jul 1917–Jul 1917

Sutton's Farm

Jul 1917–Aug 1917

Ste Marie Cappel

Aug 1917–Sep 1917

(Izel) Le Hameau

Sep 1917–May 1918

Edited by Custard

3 hours ago, stevebecker said:

who piloted to plane

Steve

it looks like Oblt Bernhard von Jagow was his pilot, the ICRC files record them both as being captured at the same time and place. v. Jagow is recorded in the Vermisstenliste as Flieger Abteilung 301.

Charlie

A380B846-844B-4E76-B8AD-E17C37AC2763.jpeg

7A9A6303-188A-4BD1-9531-89B904524FF9.jpeg

18 hours ago, Custard said:

Morning all. Longshot.

Ummm. @Custard You have posted this question in an existing thread about Germans in the Near East?

If that was intentional then please disregard my comment.

My suggestion would be to repost it in the "Air personnel and the war in the air" heading to garner more responses (and hopefully answers to your question)

Edited by JWK

Charlie,

Thanks mate, this may clear up a claim by Capt Reck and Williams 111 Sqn RFC who shot down a German Aircraft near El Khelasa 30 Oct 1917.

The names of the two Germans wounded tried to escape are not mentioned anywhere,

They are reported in a Recce Aircraft of which 301 which had both AEG C4 and Albatross D3, so a AEG C4 appear more likely?

Any word on who von Lindenau is?

Mate the Verlustlisten 1. Weltkrieg enteries for von Jagow and FA 301 is interesting as I tried the one I have but that entry is not shown in there so the man under his name (Willi ?) I also can't find?

Known Willi's in FA 301 (other then Willy Calliebe)

Maier Willi    Flieger    Ground crew Airforce Jasta 301 - Flieger-Abteilung 301    1917-18    (1895 at Tegel ) bisher vermißt MIA in Gefschaft (in prison) possibly PoW when airfield at Jenin over run related Emil

Tasche Willi    Flieger    Ground crew Airforce Jasta 301 - Flieger-Abteilung 301    1917-18    vermißt MIA 20-9-18 possibly PoW when airfield at Jenin over run

Schmidt Willy    Gefr    Ground crew Airforce Jasta 301 - Flieger-Abteilung 301    1917-18     vermißt MIA possibly PoW when airfield at Jenin over run

Can you show me where you have this copy of the Verlustlisten 1. Weltkrieg?

Sorry mate yes I found it and he is;

Preker Willi     Flieger    Airforce Jasta 301 - Flieger-Abteilung 301    1917-18    (1897 at Herne ) vermißt MIA possibly 30-10-17 unknown how?

Cheers

S.B

Edited by stevebecker

Charlie,

Thanks mate yes I found it and its a better use then to other, so checking both appears to be the best, I am now going throw my names to see if it has other details, like it shows place and date of capture.

Cheers

S.B