Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Royal Naval Division - Antwerp

NR72

Hi all 

Having sifted through around 500 RND service certificates its not straight forward to see which men took part at Antwerp.

This maybe because the organisation was in its infancy and it was not until after Antwerp they got themselves organised enough to record all that they should

During my research I have found on a number of service certificates mentions,  served at Antwerp as recorded on Pay Ledgers 

Does anyone know if these Pay ledgers still exist or where on the National archives etc I may find them 

Thank you 

NR72

If you have a look at The 1914 Star to the RN & RM  by Fevyer & Wilson [Naval & Military Press, 1995] then I think you will find that most of this has been covered

Men who served at Antwerp, Douai & Ypres are identified by an asterisk in the 'Where Served' column

13 hours ago, Sepoy said:

The RND 1914 Star medal rolls may help you.
They can be viewed via Ancestry (pay as you go - searchable by name) or from the National Archives (currently downloadable for free here).
http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/C11240391

I hope this helps

Sepoy

Thank you 

9 minutes ago, michaeldr said:

NR72

If you have a look at The 1914 Star to the RN & RM  by Fevyer & Wilson [Naval & Military Press, 1995] then I think you will find that most of this has been covered

Men who served at Antwerp, Douai & Ypres are identified by an asterisk in the 'Where Served' column

Thank you , so the book covers all participants (RND)?  i will seek it out