Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

St Andrews Military Hospital, Malta. Sister June A Hannah

PaulJC

Hello All,

I have a Miss June A Hannah, TFNS, who worked as a sister/ acting matron at the St Andrews Military Hospital in Malta between 1914 and 1919..

I was fortunate enough to find her service records but there is nothing about the hospital itself or what her work there might have been.

Any help in this respect would be highly appreciated.

Paul

Thanks Alf,

I will read this in detail. 

Do you think there is any chance that I might find out what this lady did at the hospital? Her service records are quite extensive but there is nothiing about her work other than she did it very well?

Paul

Jane Anne Hannah's service records show that she was Matron in charge of St. Andrews for almost 3 years. This was a large hospital, with up to 2,000 beds so she would have been in charge of a large number of Nurses and VAD's.

Jane's nursing history is described in her successful application to be a Queen's Nurse. She rose to the rank of Superintendant before dying young in 1936 at the age of 55.  https://www.ancestry.co.uk/imageviewer/collections/61098/images/43276_302022005561_1788-00290?treeid=&personid=&hintid=&queryId=d96a1694fff13b84a9b327f96025497c&usePUB=true&_phsrc=bmY47042&_phstart=successSource&usePUBJs=true&pId=10513

Regards,

Alf McM