Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Capt Louis Julian Genella, US Army Medical Corps Attached 2/2 Northumbrian FD Amb

Minefield Mc

I have started to research the US Army Medical Corps Dr who treated my G Grandfather Pte William Jacques, 8th Btn, Durham Light Infantry, who was shot in the head near Arras on 2nd August 1917. First Lt, (later Captain) Louis Julian Genella , AEF.

Attached to British 2/2nd Northumbrian Field Ambulance, He was reported to have been the first member of the American armed forces to have been wounded in the Great War when he suffered wounds to the face and hands by shellfire on 14th July 1917, south west of Arras.

He was treated and quickly returned to work enabling him to treat my Great Grandfather a couple of week. Has any member knowledge of where a photograph of this man may possibly be found if at all one exists at all? I have tried the usual google and Ancestry options. Any advice or comment welcomed. 

A big thank you to Capt Genella for his efforts and service. 

00A3C947-A7DA-4788-8D60-97E6CA1F3813.jpeg

26AB1D6B-6B14-4242-9D41-CD0E0991177D.jpeg

Hi

Its not a wartime photo, but gives a good description. 1928 Burlington Gazette courtesy of FMP

Kind Regards

Derek

PS He served very close to my Great Uncle Sergeant William Russell Wharf MM, 2/1 Northumbrian Ambulance. D

image.png.c83989fddda9c4b03b82494af5acfd87.png

image.png.30e64016793b2db1f86c954ecdcda34d.png

Edited by Swinesheadvillage
wrong date