Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

General Karl Ehrke

stevenbecker

Mates,

Ottoman Records show this man as;

Kurmay Silah Dairesi baskani 1917-1918 (Artillery General Staff Weapon Head of the department)

A photo from WWII shows his as Gen-Maj (1860 - 19??) Baden-Württemberg awarded Ottoman War Medal 

I was looking at Karl Friedrich Wilhelm Ehrke but could not confirm his name?

Any ideas

S.B

mates,

Sorry It looks like no one can be sure about these German Generals, I just can't find a complete list of all German generals in WWII?

I just spent a morning trying to find a General Fisher shown in Wolf's book as died 1938, I looked at;

Adolf

Gerhard

Gottard

Hermann

Karl I and

Karl 2

Kurt

Theodor

Wolfgang and

Walter

None served of Staff of the Ottoman 5th Army during the war

After still looking I found my man

Fischer Herbert    ObLt (Maj)     Deutsche Militär-Mission in der Türkei - Adjt to CofS 5th Army 1915-18    1914-18    (1882 in Stuttgart died 23-10-39) from Grenadier-Regiment "Königin Olga“ (1. Württembergisches) Nr 119 to Turkey 1914-18 awarded Knights Cross of Württemberg Military Merit Order and EK II & EK I and Lubeck Hanseatic Cross and Austrian Military Merit Cross and Ottoman Mecidiye Order 3rd class with swords and Silver Imtiyaz medal and silver liakat medal and War Medal post war to LtCol 1929 to Col 1931 to military attaché in Budapest 1933 to Gen-Maj 1934 to Gen-Lt 1935 commander 31st Div in Reichsheer 1936 retired 1937 att Condor Legion in Spain within "Kampfgruppe 88" (shown died 1938 in Wolf) shown in Klaus Wolf's Book

Appears he didn't died in 1938 but 1939, so there you go?

This is fun

S.B

Charlie,

Thanks mate I've seen only one of these photos.

As I said mate your a lot better at this then me, could you find any bio details on him?

All my attempts failed to get any where, other then Gen-Maj (1860 - 19??) Baden-Württemberg 

Another blank wall

S.B

22 hours ago, stevebecker said:

could you find any bio details on him?

Not much

Oberstleutnant and C.O. Rheinisches Fußartillerie Regiment Nr. 8 from 1913 till 5 July 1916

Last appointment - Artillerie Kommandeur 117 

Charlie

He was born on 9 december 1860 in Scharnhorst (Kreis Landsberg an der Warthe, Poland), now Grzybno, Gmina Witnica

Via this link there are some letters to him from the Army Archives, latest one from 1st April 1943, congratulating him on 60 years in the army.

And a letter from 1941 acknowledging receipt of 4 fotos he sent (back in 1937), showing him as :

Kgl. Würt. Secondleutnant Fussartillerie Batl. 13   (1885)

Kgl. Preussen Oberst und Artillerie Kommandeur Nr 117   (1916/1917)

Kaiserl. Germanischer Generalleutnant und Präses des Kaiserl. Germanischen Waffenamte in Konstantinopel.   (1918)

Kgl. Preuss. Generalmajor ausser Dienst, aufgenommen in 1920.

He lived at Mozartstrasse 1, Ulm

Edited by JWK

Mates,

Thank you again I don't know how you do it but great work

I have some others if you what to help find them that wer siad to have served in Turkeyor awarded a Ottoman War Medal (gallipoli star)

Dove Walter    Maj to Col (Gen-Maj)    Genel Kurmay'da kurmay Baskani (Head of the General Staff) 3-18 to QM von Sanders Staff 8-18 Organization and transport    1918-    (1869 - ?) General staff of V. AK to Col Mission in d. Türkei 3-18 (not identified) 

Einsiedel Heinrich von    Col    Unit unknown     unknown    shown Ottoman War Medal later WWII General (not identified)? 

Cheers

S.B