Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Research material of the late Kevin O'Neill Endon

Keith_history_buff

Hello,

I had been hoping to find mention of the South Staffs pals, but to no avail.

The late Kevin O'Neill, resident of Endon, had amassed a number of papers, photographs etc. His widow would like to pass on his collection to a person who can make use of the research that he has done. The only stipulation is that you can go to Staffordshire to collect said material. She has made the appeal on Facebook. Hopefully one of the South Staffs pals will see this, and would be interested.

There is an American Fb group called "The Great War Forum (World War I discussion group) which has nothing to do with the GWF. She posted there, initially, and also on the "WW1 Buffs" group, too.

Links below:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/336838106400507/permalink/3482018421882444/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2349109384/permalink/10157913553074385/

(Both groups are private; you have to be a member to see these identical posts)

Hope someone on here can make use of his material.

Thanks
Keith

Hi Keith

I’m one of the original South Staffs Pals and was a friend of Kev. Thank you for the information I have been in touch with Audrey, Kev’s wife and will be taking possession of Kev’s research information, something I feel

privileged to do.

Regards Doug

Yes, well done Doug.  Kevin helped me to get to see the Western Front for the first time and came over to our local school to give them a talk not long before he died.

Gone but not forgotten.

Clive

• 3 months later...
On 20/11/2020 at 12:36, Doug Lewis said:

Your welcome 😊

Hi Mr. Doug Lewis

I have been researching the Mochrie name for 22 years now - The story three Mochrie brothers all killed on the same day has been of great interest to me.

Over the years I have collected information on the internet, saving this info to further pursue. Kevin O'Neill was one of those pieces of information that caught my attention. I was greatly saddened, through recent research to learn of his demise in 2010. God Bless his sole and the wonderful research he provided to so many of us. My Ancestry Tree is linked  to the tree of the three brothers killed 2015 and a fourth brother 2017. Parents were Andrew B. Mochrie (1858) & Margaret McKendrick (1861) - Grandparents, John Mochrie (1826/27) & Mary Boyd Nelson/Neilson (1827)

I understand that you, Mr. Lewis, may have attained the research that Kevin had accumulated. Several other Mochrie relatives have also confirmed the relationship to our ancestors. Our research has taken us back to George Mochrie (1595). I am missing a major link, that being of "Who are the parents of John Mochrie (1826/27)? Would it be possible to obtain copies of the information Kevin' Spouse has made available to you. I would be more than glad to help out and provide what info collected on others associated to the War Era. - What ever the outcome, the information of all those associated to the  "Great War Forum" contribute wonderful text to keep our fallen soldiers memories alive. Thank You to all, best regards Don

• Admin

Welcome to the forum. I have removed your email address from public view as spammers can gather addresses. Members can use private messages to contact other members.

Michelle