Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Book review.

David Filsell

Team,

I have in for book review in Stand To! A Lancashire Fusilier's First World War based on an officer's diaries and letters. On first glance it looks rather good.  Is there a Lancashire Regiment  expert who would care to review it for the magazine? The book covers service with 2/5 and 1/5 bns. Around 600 soundly written analysis and opinion needed. Writing experience would be good - but is not essential. No pay, but you get to keep the book.

Drop me a message if interested

best regards

David J Filsell, Book Reviews Editor, Stand To!

G,day Mr M

if I ever manage to finish my work on the 7th Inf Div and the RWF  at Ypres in 1914, and if I find a publisher, I will ask certainly ask you to review it.

Regards

David

Chris,

would you be kind enough to let me have a copy of your review for Stand To please? I suspect it will be hard to find a better reviewer.

best regards

David

Be my guest - you can copy and paste the text from the web page.

But is there really any mileage in including a review that will have been in the public domain for months before in appears in "ST!"?

Chris,

Thank you, I have only just received a review copy of the book.I like to include  reviews of all books sent to ST I receive since, as you are aware, such books are rarely reviewed in mainstream media.

Best regards

David