Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Harold Francis Evans PL 16385

PaulM1

My grandfather, Harold Francis Evans 16385 served as a Private with the RM Brigade at Gallipoli from 25 April 1915 to 9 Jan 1916. Is there any way of establishing which ship(s) he may have been assigned to or any other info on actions he may have been involved with?

Do you happen to be related to Phyllis and Reg Marsdon ?

Just in case you are concerned I am also related to Harold as you can see in my signature. 

Hi Paul this is Simon Betty's grandson.

I have Harold's original service record and a photo copied A3 one obtained from the Fleet Air Arm museum which is more extensive. I am also the custodian of his medals which I have framed on my wall.

Any info you require just ask.

Regards,

Simon.

Simon, I have a copy of the service record from the National Archives but would be deilghted to see the more detailed stuff from the Fleet Air Arm museum plus a note of his medals. How best to do this? Since this is an open site I'm a bit reluctant to give out email addresses. Obviously if there are any costs incurred I will cover them

regards

Paul

Hi Paul,

I hope Christine and the family are all well.

Leave it with me till the weekend and I will look into the best way to supply you with what you need. There are options like dropbox I can scan the documents and save them to that which you can then download or I can private message you within this forum but I think you have to post a number of times to have access to that function. 

All the best

Simon.