Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

20th Company RAMC

Skipman

Does anyone have any information on this unit. I may just not be looking in the right place, but not finding anything on The Long Long Trail or the Forum search. Any links to any information appreciated

New on on me I think. An RAMC Company?

Is it definetly WWI, not post or pre war?

20th Company, again not linking to RAMC units for me. Not CAMC or SAMC by chance?

Context?

TEW 

Thanks again for your interest TEW. Attached two screenshots. This soldier's service record survives. He went to france on the 4th of December, 1915, as did the man below him on the 1914/15 star medal roll. No service record exists for the other man but wondered if they would have served in same unit, seeing as they left same date and were next to each other on the roll.

Mike

temp 20 Coy 1.JPG

temp 20 Coy 2.JPG

There is his Pension Record as well - click - which you may not have seen due to the vagaries of the Ancestry indexing algorithm

Many thanks corisande.II had not seen that. Not sure it would be relevant to my soldier anyway, event though they landed on same day. Struggling to read that but not sure if he served with 41 CCS or was admitted there with Albuminuria?

Mike

Mike

To get Ancestry to give you the maximum number of records for a soldier for  whom you have the Service Number, just search with only "Surname" and "service Number" nothing else.

Their search algo is flawed and if you put in say his Christian name it will leave out some of the files

21 minutes ago, corisande said:

To get Ancestry to give you the maximum number of records for a soldier for  whom you have the Service Number, just search with only "Surname" and "service Number" nothing else.

Their search algo is flawed and if you put in say his Christian name it will leave out some of the files

Yes I will search both from now on. I thought FMP was superior but they didn't come up with that.

Mike

On mobilisation, 20 Company RAMC provided the personnel for 7th Field Ambulance and No.2 Stationary Hospital, both of which served in France and Belgium.

Ron

Edited by Ron Clifton

10 hours ago, Ron Clifton said:

On mobilisation, 20 Company RAMC provided the personnel for 7th Field Ambulance and No.2 Stationary Hospital, both of which served in France and Belgium.

Ron

Many thanks indeed for this information Ron, that's extremely helpful. How do you know this?

Mike