Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

St. Helens, Lancashire, Absent Voters List

Chris_Baker

Does any forum member have access to the searchable CD version of the St. Helens AVL?

If so I would appreciate a lookup. I am not sure that the soldier I am researching came from St. Helens but there is a "possible" that I have found in the 1911 census. This "possible" lived in St. Helens all his life. Name was William Etheridge. Address in 1911 was on Crank Road in Windle, but he was with his grandparents at the time so the war time address may differ.

Chris, 

I have the St.Helens AVL.  What name are you researching?

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks Mark.  Name was William Etheridge. Address in 1911 was on Crank Road in Windle, but he was with his grandparents at the time so the war time address may differ.

Hi Chris,

I'm afraid William Etheridge doesn't appear in the St.Helens AVL.  The surname does appear a few times but William is not among them, and none of the Etheridges lived on Crank Road (I know that street very well). 

I did double check to see if Crank Road is mentioned in the St.Helens AVL...and it's not there.  I'm not sure which AVL would contain Crank Road.  I also have the Wigan and Leigh AVLs and Crank Road doesn't appear in either of those.  

Please shout if I can be of further (hopefully more useful) assistance.

Kind regards,
Mark

2 hours ago, Chris_Baker said:

Thank you very much, Mark. Appreciated. Most interesting that Crank Road is presumably across an electoral boundary. I'll have to dig a bit deeper!

My guess would be Rainford or Billinge....assuming those were significant electorally.