Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Thomas Price Bennett MM

tamos123

Hi All

I am struggling to find his MM listed in the Gazette...also any thoughts to what CLZ 23.7.19 means on his Medal Roll?

Any information much appreciated

thanks

T

CLZ 23.7.19 means he was placed in the Class Z Reserve on that date. This class of reserve is metioned elsewhere in previous threads. Just use the search facility for an explanation.

Terry Reeves

Tamos,

The LG date will be on the award card copies of which are held at Kew. If you are still stuck let me know and i will get a copy of the award card for you on thursday.

Andy

Tamos,

Just got back from Kew, your man T.P. Bennett has no award card for an MM. Pulled his MIC and there is no mention of an MM on there either.

There are 11 T. Bennetts in the MM's but no T.P. and none of that name to the Cameron's.

Andy

Hi T,

Just wondering where you got the info about his MM from, got my curiosity aroused with this too.

Andy

Tamos,

I too had problems finding my Grandfather's MM Mic and Gazette entry.

Are you searching the correct Mic catalogue at the NA?

MM are not listed with the WW1 campaign medals. Try searching in catalogue WO 372/23. That's where I found my man.

The MM Mic should give you the date of the Gazette entry.

Another little tip is to search on his regimental number, there being so many variations on representing a name.

Above all don't give up, these online databases are flakey at best, just keep trying. I was searching for A H JONES so just imagine how many 'hits' I had to contend with - but I found him.

Best of luck,

Mike

I have just purchased a gold watch presented by Town Council and Citizens of Coatbridge to Sgt Thomas Price Bennett MM for Distinguished Service in Great War

Have tried writing to local paper to see if they have anything about it

Sure will find info if I keep digging

thanks for help I will let you know how I get on and show you photo when it arrives

regards

T