Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Help with deciphering a WW2 RAF service record

SimonJ

Hello all

As this is a query relating to a WW2 RAF service record (rather than WW1), it might be deemed unsuitable for this forum. If so, I would be grateful if a more appropriate forum could be suggested. Nevertheless, I hope that somebody might be able to assist.

I recently received a copy of my late grandfather's RAF service record from the MoD. There were just two pages, the first of which was mostly personal details. The second page is attached, as well as a close-up of the area of the second page which particularly interests me.

I had known that my grandfather had served as a driver/mechanic in the RAF during WW2, and was based in India. He served 1942-1946, of which 1943-1946 was spent in India.

I had hoped that the service record would allow me to track his movements in India, so that I could see exactly where he was based. The relevant section of the service record contains a lot of acronyms and details which have confused me, as a result of my relative lack of experience of researching these records.

i wondered if anybody might be in a position to assist me in deciphering what is included on this second page of the service record.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Simon

20200809_163701.jpg

20200809_163715.jpg

• ss002d6252 locked this topic