Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Cap Badge

Guest Simon Bull

Looks as if whitehorse has it....I would also guess "Bedforshire and Hertfordshire" and the badge was worn from 1919-1958.

DrB

;)

I'd say its a Bedfordshire Regiment badge as there doesn't appear to be a void between the cross and the scroll. Hard to say if it's an all whitemetal or bimetal version though.

Keith

Sorry Guys

I disagree, I think it is the Bedfordshire Rgt, pre 1919.

The lower central point of the star gives it away.

Cheers.

post-23-1109024164.jpg

Just seen your post Keith, I'm with you except they were bi metal or brass coloured!

post-23-1109024837.jpg

Sorry Guys

I disagree, I think it is the Bedfordshire Rgt, pre 1919.

The lower central point of the star gives it away.

Cheers.

... and it's also being worn on a pattern of SD cap that wasn't seen much after c.1919/20.

Dave.

Just seen your post Keith, I'm with you except they were bi metal or brass coloured!

I'm in agreement here but I do remember an all w/m version being displayed on another thread (by Max I seem to remember) a few months back. An old volunteer badge but not displaying a VB number.

Keith

Here is the picture. The TA 4th and 5th Bns wore an all white metal badge and this was readopted briefly by the TA in the late 1950s in A/A when the regular 1st Bn Beds and Herts went into the Anglian bde. The one shown is die struck with 2 lugs. I also have an all gilding metal version with the voided centre.

Keith / Max.

Can't argue with the evidence!

Just one point though Max, the 4th Battalion of the Bedfordshire Regiment was not a TA battalion.

Cheers