Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Old Blighty Tea Rooms

KIRKY

Are they for sale? Favourite spot of ours on our yearly trip.

Tony

Would appear so.

Sad news if so. Jon & Allison make for a dependable and welcoming stopover on my twice-yearly bike wanderings. Always a valuable source of WW1 knowledge as well.

Tripadvisor shows the strong appreciation of the vast majority of visitors. An impressive 4.5 (out of 5) from 122 reviews is high testament.

Whatever the story behind this....they will be missed!

David

I'm sure they were up for sale when I was there over a year ago.

Anyone got details of the agent? 

Mrs Mills-Bomb has hanquered after a place like that for a little while now.

as we have found, if its a good place it will sell, in our village location , we have been on for a year. one village we pass through en route has been on over 5 years. not much moves fast in France.

I know a "wooden shed" near Beaumont , currently been for sale for a couple of years for €250,000. he is English and wont drop price although he has a potential buyer. I could be more precise but its in a good place, very near a WW1 feature , close to other places. if it took advantage and offered camping and services again maybe worth it but will need a lot of work to bring back up to date.

1 hour ago, chaz said:

as we have found, if its a good place it will sell, in our village location , we have been on for a year. one village we pass through en route has been on over 5 years. not much moves fast in France.

I know a "wooden shed" near Beaumont , currently been for sale for a couple of years for €250,000. he is English and wont drop price although he has a potential buyer. I could be more precise but its in a good place, very near a WW1 feature , close to other places. if it took advantage and offered camping and services again maybe worth it but will need a lot of work to bring back up to date.

I think most of us can guess which ‘wooden shed’ you refer to.

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/08/2020 at 18:36, caulkheader said:

I think most of us can guess which ‘wooden shed’ you refer to.

I miss that 'shed'. Had many a happy stay either camping in the grounds or indoors if poor weather appeared. It was quirky....not for those seeking top quality maybe....but for others, myself included, it definitely had its charms. 

David