Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Far Flung Corners of the Globe

kingsman64

Hi all,

I have just read the thread regarding two plaques on e-bay which appear to be two brothers from plaistow. E-bay seller is in Cyprus.

I was wondering what items members have discovered and purchased from places far away from home?

I will start the ball rolling with a 14-15 Trio and IGS with the bar "Afghanistan 1919" to Lieutenant Colonel James fuller-Good of the Indian Medical Service.

Early 80's I was in Delhi when I spotted a few badges in a jewellers window on entering the stall/shop I nearly screamed as he held up a mounted medal group and cut through the ribbons dropping the two silver medals into a crucible over a burner. My reaction got them out PDQ and I secured the 4 medals for £5!!!!!!! :D

Wish I still had em. Brought them back to the UK and used them in a part swop part cash deal for my first MC group.

What have you found and where?

Regards

Wahey!

Just been promoted two pips up, pink gins all round on me.

I bought a full size bi-metal City of London Roughriders cap badge from Calafornia for $6.

Really nice piece and would cost alot more in UK if you can find one.

This whistle and a 1903 Haversack in Peshawar.

post-23-1109068252.jpg

1917 dated, broad arrow marked trench boots bought in Albuquerque, New Mexico from biker who enjoyed giving his friends a "spark show" as the hobnails dragged on the pavement !

boot.jpg

Wow John

The boots look in excellent shape wonder if any of todays kit will still be wearable in 2093! :lol:

Nice boots, John. I'm interested to know whether you have tried them on, and if so, do they fit?

Robbie :P