Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Death Plaque on ebay

kingsman64

Hi

apparently there where some New Zealand Plaques late issue which where ground down and renamed there is a previos thread do a search on "ebay Plaque, Alfred Bushell" for the info.

Personally would always have my doubts, the fact that there may be some "official" engraved plaques leaves it wide open to the sharks. I would only consider buying one if it came with lots and lots of supporting documents photographs medals etc. ;)

Regards

Hi There, :)

I would be very interested to see what people's views are on this plaque also !

Cheers

Tim.

the fact that there may be some "official" engraved plaques leaves it wide open to the sharks.

The explanation given by the seller is probably correct but as Paul says it leaves the arena wide open for sharks to come in and do similar.

Indeed there was one plaque quite recently on E-bay which had clearly been renamed in very recent times.

The colouring on this plaque appears to indicate that it is more 1920's than 2000's though.

Death Plaque Capt Gordon Mc Iver AMC Doctor WW1

23_1_b.JPG

Genuine Plaque Faked Naming {the Fonts are Modern}BUT Icould Tell!!{& I wouldn't Buy it!}

And another Forum Member obviously doesnt read what the former Former Member posted in the 1st place! :P

Also, what does Members2 mean.

Rich.

What do you mean by that Rich???????????

Hi Nigel, :)

He's on about the type of member you are on member group on your profile. It's part of his question about Ian Bowbrick, as that is what he has got in his 'member group'.

Cheers

Tim.

On 2 Feb, Ian left the forum. I posted about this in "Forum User Group News" under the title "Back to the subject". Members2 is a forum membership category.