Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

C S M William Henry Bax

andrew pugh

Good Evening All

I would like to share my good news. I received a letter of adjudication today from the JCCC confirming the identification of a unknown C S M of the 2nd Battalion Ox & Buck's Light Infantry who was killed on the 24/03/1918.He is C S M William Henry Bax of the 2nd Ox& Buck's Light Infantry who is buried in Lebucquiere Cemetery, Northern France.His Battalion was part of the British 5th Infantry Brigade, 2nd Division.It was a long wait, but worth while in the end.Another one that can be taken off the missing list, it now takes me to a total of three unknowns found.

Regards

Andy   

Andrew,  

well done, I’m still waiting to hear on a number of cases, I’ve submitted in the last 3 years.  

Alan

Good work, and important. Well done!

Cheers, Pat.

Yahoo for Andy!

Although I have a had cases approved, my first case from December 2014 (6 years) has never been opened. Canadian cases go to the bottom of the pile.

Richard

Congraduations

The JCCC have been working through a large number of submissions this year. 

Apparently the CWGC have employed additional staff to tackle the backlog of cases which have been building over the past few years.

In 2013 it look approximately 3/4 years for a case to go through the system. I have had thirteen cases approved this year with one taking just six months from start to finish.

• 1 year later...

Just for completeness - a link to a related thread on his proposed rededication = Well done Andy.