Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Guys Motors Wolverhampton

tanks3

Firstly apolgies if this is not the correct place to post this.

This is a very long shot but is there any forum member who can assist me in my reseach regarding the above.  I know they produced a 30cwt lorry for the war effort but I am also keen to establish their involvement in the production of Tylor engines.  All info gratefully received

Thanks

Tanks3

The Guy chassis was for the 1915 Nellie Donaldson Ambulance according to the papers on the BNA

Dave

Guy1915.png

By 1917 the Tylor engine was already "fitted in War Office models"

Tylor_1917Jun09.png.d507c13488f0c44c1ead4199ba32c5c0.png

All

Thanks for the information and links.  Most grateful.  The one of interest was that for the Museum of Transport which said Guys "30 cwt.lorries continued in production and were supplied to the Russian army. Other products included engines for tanks, aero engines, and depth charge firing mechanisms."  Tylor engines were used in the Medium MK A tank and I think this is a reference to that supply.

Thanks all again

Tanks3

• 3 weeks later...

I read the Tylor records at LMA some years ago and there is no confirmation within them that Tylors built engines for the Medium A.  However I have found confirmation of this in records at The National Archives, but they were not the only firm to manufacture these engines for tanks.

Gwyn