Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Help needed in identifying officer

Jools mckenna

I initially thought 49th 'bing boys' meant 49th battalion and that bing boys being a miss spelling of byng boys(nickname of the Canadians) but then I saw the M.E.F which means he can't be Canadian, so I'm a bit confused on this one. Doesn't help that the name is hard to read. He also seems to be a captain.

Screenshot_20200712-183447~2.png

Screenshot_20200712-100612~2.png

Looks like they were a concert party

Dave

From the BNA

1213425400_Screenshot2020-07-12at19_07_38.png.58e9a871e88c00e574e588f19a429048.png

That still doesn't explain the M.E.F part 

• Admin

N or M Hussey

I think there was also a concert party at Gustrow PoW camp by the name of the Bing Boys, Australians if I remember correctly.

Simon

The 49th General Hospital was part of the Salonika Campaign, based at Hortiach in 1917. Not sure where it was later. Salonika was part of the MEF (Mediterrainean Expeditionary Force.

Looking at the August 1918 Army List the only Hussey listed with an 'N' in his initials is Lt. H. N. Hussey, Army Service Corps. And the only officer with an initial 'M' (although I believe the signature is 'N. Hussey') was 2nd Lt. Hubert Murray Hussey, M.C., 2nd Bn. the South Staffordshire Regt. but he was killed in action on 6 August 1918.