The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Help identifying type and colour of these uniforms

Hi everyone,

I am colourising this image and would greatly appreciate any help in identifying the type of colours of the uniforms used by the soldiers here. Looking at the hats I assume they're German, but I can't seem to find any images of soldiers or airmen wairing the same top- piping and pockets do not seem to be present as they are on most German uniforms.

Thanks,

Tryc

gallery_10763_793_94859.jpg

Field Grey (light grey with a green cast) and grey-green (a mid green with a blue-grey cast) denim/twill work uniforms. Buttons are grey metal.

the shirt is likely off white (natural linen colour)

Caps likely field grey with black bands and red piping (technical troops rather than flyers) - peaks are either black or field grey leather.

Edited by Tom K

15 hours ago, Tom K said:

Field Grey (light grey with a green cast) and grey-green (a mid green with a blue-grey cast) denim/twill work uniforms. Buttons are grey metal.

the shirt is likely off white (natural linen colour)

Caps likely field grey with black bands and red piping (technical troops rather than flyers) - peaks are either black or field grey leather.

Thank-you! I thought I'd just upload the final product now. Please let me know if anyone spots any inaccuracies and I'll fix them! Also where is the best spot on the forum to post any future colourisations I may do? 

Tryc

colourisation2.png