Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

5 Pollock Brothers WWI service-IDs

BLH

I am researching 5 Pollock (Polack/Pollack) brothers who supposedly served in WWI. Attached is a handwritten list of the brothers' names and service assignments which were written in a Fusiliers book. I have already identified the first two brothers and their service (Private Simon Polack 6th Lincoln Regiment, #8059 - wounded; Private Morris Pollock, 4th Battalion, Royal Fusiliers, #5986 - he was killed in action in France and buried at the Staples Military Cemetery). But I have been unable to identify any records for the other 3 brothers: Hyman Pollock [#3 in list], Isaac Pollock [#4 in list], Joseph Pollock [#5 in list]. I am requesting assistance in finding any WWI records for the 3 brothers as well as identifying the abbreviations used for the 5th soldier (Rifleman J. Pollock). This is part of a puzzle that has brought together families separated by the ocean and about 80 years. Thank you very much.

Royal Fusillier book.Pollock brothers.jpg

Number three in your list looks to have been in the Royal Flying Corps, so possibly a look in the records for the Royal Air Force might find him if he was with them after 1 April, 1918.

Number four looks like he was in the Royal Field Artillery, which is consistent with his rank of Driver.

The abbreviation KRR for number five is short for King’s Royal Rifle Corps, which is again consistent with his rank of Rifleman.

You should be able to find Medal Index Cards for at least the last two at the National Archives, which are currently free to download. Others far more knowledgeable than me will hopefully be along shortly to help you get further.

Edited by Tawhiri