Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Pension Records

Donald D

I found my maternal Grandfather's pension record on Fold3 recently, but it was actually recording his death in 1934 and that my Grandmother was the new recipient. My question is would there have been any previous cards that were kept, and would they be amongst those that are being worked on by the WFA? He was awarded the pension after the end of the war.

59 minutes ago, Donald D said:

I found my maternal Grandfather's pension record on Fold3 recently, but it was actually recording his death in 1934 and that my Grandmother was the new recipient. My question is would there have been any previous cards that were kept, and would they be amongst those that are being worked on by the WFA? He was awarded the pension after the end of the war.

Can you please provide the link for the record so we can take a look ?

Craig

48% of pension cards are still to be uploaded, so there's a good chance your grandads SB.36 form (the one which gives regimental details, wounds and date of discharge usually) will appear in future updates.

50 minutes ago, Derek Black said:

48% of pension cards are still to be uploaded, so there's a good chance your grandads SB.36 form (the one which gives regimental details, wounds and date of discharge usually) will appear in future updates.

The SB36 ledgers are all uploaded. The remaining uploads are of index cards.

Craig

12 minutes ago, ss002d6252 said:

The SB36 ledgers are all uploaded. The remaining uploads are of index cards.

Craig

Ah, i was unaware of the make up of them. Thanks for that clarification Craig.

Sorry Donald, you might be out of luck then.

OK. thanks very much. I thought I had downloaded the image from Fold3, but it turns out it was the web image details.