Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

loos detector metal

gilles

bonjour

in Loos the detector metal are forbidden (interdit) because it's dangerous bombers gaz and the collectionneurs are bad

respect the land

first message in the forum excuse for my english

gilles de loos france

They are not just forbidden at Loos - but all over the battlefields in France. And sadly, yes, many "collectors" do not respect the battlefields or those still buried there.

Et bonjour et bienvenu... amicalement,

Paul

first message in the forum excuse for my english

Gilles,

Congratulations on being brave enough to post in a second language (and welcome on board!) You have no need to apologise for your English - remember, the English are famed for their linguistic inability and I suspect that most English members of this forum would not be able to post even a message the length of yours in French, Dutch, German - take your pick. I know I couldn't... :D

Adrian

Well, let them be 10,000 euros worse off.

Of course, if you've money to burn and nowhere to go on holiday or anything to do for a year, then ask for the year's prison as well.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest montegrappa

Guys ,

I read most of the topic and I understood that metal detecting is quite of a dengerous job in France...but, really, how many people are in fact detecting the fields of France and Belgium looking for relics? In Italy, my home country, it is a real "business", lightly persecuted, which is destroying a lot of ground, sites and...history and respect.

Fascinating hobby, but most times unconsiderate. I would not being able to count the thousands of collectors in the north-east of Italy only. What's the story for France and Belgium, and what can still be found in thise areas apart from 300 tonns of unexploded granades every year ?

I hope you can satisfy my curiosity.

Regards,

montegrappa