Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Bluebell Wood photos

Michelle Young

• Admin

Does anyone have any photos of bluebells in woods on the Western Front that would be happy to share please? The reason I’m asking is on the anniversary of us meeting (4th May on a battlefield tour) I normally get  Mr Y  a card with bluebell woods, in reference to Gommecourt Wood which was beautiful with the flowers. As I can’t get to the usual place I buy the cards at the moment, so was thinking about a Moonpig card. 
Thanks in anticipation 

21 minutes ago, Michelle Young said:

Does anyone have any photos of bluebells in woods on the Western Front that would be happy to share please?

John ( @Frajohn ) posted some fabulous ones from Delville Wood two years ago here. They are some of my all time favourite photographs of anything (of all time as Smashy and Nicey from the Fast Show would say).

Pete.

P.S Pleased to hear about the DIY hairdressing by your better half went well. Having met him more than once I had complete confidence in a successful outcome. My responsible grown up is offering a similar service as I'm starting to look like a member of Duran Duran circa 1981 (but not in a good way).......

• Admin

Thanks Pete 

Again from Delville Wood 5 years ago nearly to the day

Dave

DSCF5628.JPG

DSCF5629.JPG

DSCF5630.JPG

DSCF5632.JPG

DSCF5633.JPG

Great photos Dave, Iovely interplay of light and shade. It's hard to believe the dark history hidden in such a scene.

Pete.

• Admin

Thank k you Dave. Would you be happy if I use one of these? 

Michelle 

Pete, 

Thanks for the kind comment, more by luck than any skill on my part. I was on my first and as yet only trip and found it all very humbling to be there.

Dave

8 minutes ago, Michelle Young said:

Would you be happy if I use one of these?

Michelle,

You are more than welcome to use any of the photos, I'm pleased that after reading your post that I remembered I had taken some photos of the bluebells and what a lovely spring day it was in April 2015 when I was there.

Dave

• Admin

@dink999 I have gone for the 3rd photo down. I will report back! 

Michelle