Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Matron Amy Kaye

Marigold1

I am trying to find information on Matron Amy Kaye who was appointed Matron of Loughborough General Hospital in 1916 when it was a military hospital.

All I know about her is that she was trained at the David Lewis Northern Hospital, Liverpool ; and was Matron at the Cottage Hospital, Lytham, Lancashire prior to her appointment at Loughborough. She had trained at the Royal Infirmary, Liverpool.

In June 1918 she was awarded the Royal Red Cross Medal, 2nd Class. (The London Gazette).

Can anyone help, please?

Marigold

27 minutes ago, Marigold1 said:

I am trying to find information on Matron Amy Kaye who was appointed Matron of Loughborough General Hospital in 1916 when it was a military hospital.

All I know about her is that she was trained at the David Lewis Northern Hospital, Liverpool ; and was Matron at the Cottage Hospital, Lytham, Lancashire prior to her appointment at Loughborough. She had trained at the Royal Infirmary, Liverpool.

In June 1918 she was awarded the Royal Red Cross Medal, 2nd Class. (The London Gazette).

Can anyone help, please?

Marigold

Have you seen this ? - https://vad.redcross.org.uk/Card?fname=amy&sname=kaye&id=123535&first=true&last=true

Craig

Dear Alf,

This looks like quite a find and I shall be ordering it from the National Archives. Very many thanks.

Marigold